Sunday, January 24, 2010

Florida

I won't say much about my stay because I was housed with family the entire time and it has nothing to do with my trip. I just want to comment on how miserable some people are and how they need to share their misery. My sister and mother live in Cemetery Village, I mean Century Village. Pets aren't allowed in most places. There was one woman who would stare out the window for me to take Guy outside and then jump on me if we strayed outside of our area. One morning at about 5:30 AM during our jog we were stopped by security who told me that Guy wasn't allowed to jog with me since we were on "common areas" where dogs weren't allowed.

Am I the only one who thinks that arbitrary rules and the accompanying "If you see something, say something" is just another step along the way to the totalitarianism toward which we are heading?

Well, I am off at zero dark thirty in the morning headed to the Big Apple for a job interview on Tuesday. And the trek resumes.

No comments: