Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 1

On my way out of Portland I stopped at Ken's Artisan Pizza because it allegedly has the best Pizza n Portland and I never had a chance to try it. If you are ever in Portland, GO THERE. I had a Calamari appetizer and Prosciutto pizza. I can't say it was the best I've ever had, but I don't remember having anything better.

About an hour out of Portland I realized that I had made the right decision. The Columbia River Gorge was barely passable. I went miles without getting out of second gear, tractor-trailors were jackknifed, and it was bumper to bumper for an hour. Any more snow and they would have closed it. Luckily I had brand new tires, which although not snow tires, kept me from fishtailing off the road. I was afraid that I was going to have to put on my chains. Like I even know how. LOL

No comments: