Sunday, May 23, 2010

Third time is a charm

After two failed efforts to get to the top of Mt. Mansfield, we succeeded yesterday. Here is the link:

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/150938/mount-mansfield.html

It is every bit as rough as it looks and is more rock climbing for the top half than it is hiking. I will post a picture of me and Guy at the top as soon as it is downloaded to my Mac. The elevation gain was about 2000 feet in a mile and a half. Don't believe what is written because the first mile and the last quarter to half mile are relatively flat. My favorite part of the hike was when we stopped and sweat was dripping from me while Guy was burrowing in the snow. A bit surreal.

But we won't have to do that again in the near future. Guy is still sleeping it off and my legs felt like they were going to fall off.

Sometimes pain (the good type) is what it takes to make you realize that you are alive.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Great pic of you and Guy. You're enjoying your freedom so much...remind me of why you want a job? Oh, right, the money. Well, as an intelligent gal, you can work a book deal and continue to scale new heights. I'd buy your book :)