Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Republicans are right

WOW, who would have thought that I'd start anything like that. But if you realize that I did not vote for Obama in the last election because I thought that he was too conservative and give me nothing that I want you can understand that I'm not really a Democrat either.

So how are the Republicans right? I recently read that one in six people in NYC receive food assistance in some way. Approximately the same number receive housing help. When unemployment and welfare assistance were started the conservatives said that it would lead to a permanent underclass that would depend on government assistance. Well, it did. And any economist will tell you that you need more than 5 out of six people to be productive to have a healthy economy.

The liberals allowed it by not permitting any restrictions as to how long these benefits would last nor force people into programs that would get them out of the cycle of poverty. So you have a dumb shit with no education getting free food and housing, albeit it sucks, and have them complaining that it sucks and wanting the government to do something about it. And still the liberals will not say...Hey it's time for YOU to take some responsibility.

And I'm not being racist, because I am in Appalachia right now with some of the poorest and most ignorant white people in the country. And they hate the government and they don't trust the elitist intelligentsia , not realizing that with no education and no good jobs, they are not paying their fair share either.

And then a recession like this happens and the Republicans think that extended benefits are like the permanent entitlement class, not realizing that after earning $75K a year, I'd much rather get a job than continue on these payments of $400 a week.

so damn the republicans for being right and the democrats for letting them be right.

No comments: