Saturday, February 13, 2010

I should have figured

Hey, I'm in an area where truck stops are used for Engagement Parties and Weddings. I should have figured that an all night Wendy's at a truck stop would be filled for the Friday night before V-day. It was a scene out of American Graffiti meets Deliverance. Actually except for the roaring engines, loud booming subwoofers, and screaming testosterone poisoned Bubbas it wasn't that bad. Guy and I slept through most of it and it was over by about midnight.

So I am off to Ashland and an easy day of county parks. Part of the reason that I will take it easy is that Donizetti's La Fille du Regiment is on Live at the Met and I've never heard it in full. Pavarotti was named the "King of the High C's" during a performance of the opera and the new King, Juan Diego Flórez, is performing with a guest appearance by Kiri Te Kanawa. So this should be good.

No comments: