Thursday, February 18, 2010

I was right

I've said all along that Guy could be out all day in sub freezing weather, come in exhausted, collapse, then hear me say "Let's go for a walk" and he'd be out the door.

Well today, he proved it. We were out hiking for several hours in several inches of snow. Of course I walked for three hours and he walked for about five ....LOL. He was all over the place. When we got back to the car it was warm, he passed out. I wanted to hike one more trail so I drove to the trailhead, no more than a couple of minutes. I opened his door and out he bounded. For the next hour and a half he was no closer than 25 yards to me. I don't know what he smelled but he was constantly running off and returning. I did a little under 2 miles. He must have done five. I know that there were deer from the tracks and wild turkey as I saw several as we drove up and squirrels. We got back to the car...and he passed out. As I slowly drove out of the park (more about that later) I saw three deer about 100 yds ahead. When we reached where they had crossed the road, Guy woke up and jumped from side to side even though the deer were long gone.

No comments: