Saturday, December 25, 2010

I'm going to sue

I can't believe it. As you know, a few days ago I sang the praises of Paul Krugman. Today he disappointed me.

It started off as a typical day starts. When I creaked over,  glanced blearily at the alarm clock, groaned, and crawled out of bed with just enough energy to push the start button on the coffee maker. Allowing sufficient time for at least a mouthful of coffee to drip I desperately poured it into a cup, collapsed into my lounge chair, snapped open my computer, and clicked on the New York Times online.

As is my wont, I immediately went to the op-ed page area and happily seeing a piece by Mr. Krugman I double-clicked on it and began to read. Much to my shock and dismay I learned that Mr. Krugman is a plagiarist. Not only that, but he plagiarized me. Now why a Nobel prize-winning economist would want to steal ideas from me, I can only guess. As I stated, I have a very large ego concerning my intellectual abilities. In fact, it really takes someone of Mr. Krugman's capabilities and accomplishments to put me in my place. Not any longer!!!

The subject of today's op Ed piece by Mr. Krugman was (drum roll please) the misuse and dissemination of inaccurate and incomplete information. Tada! If Mr. Krugman had asked permission after reading my blog of a couple of days ago I surely would have granted it. But his wanton disregard for  the law, as it relates to plagiarism, leaves me no choice. Unfortunately, since I am poor, and he has the weight of the establishment behind him, I will not sue. However, let it be known, that I, Edie Novicki, have had an idea taken from me by Paul Krugman, who did not even have the decency to credit me with his use of my idea.

Believe me, if you think I was unbearable in strutting my stuff in the past, you just wait for the future.  Thanks Paul!!!!!

No comments: