Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A tear in my eye

I have mixed emotions as to the end of DADT.  Obviously, I think it was an onerous implementation of hate and discrimination on a national basis and needed to end for common decency reasons.   However, as with most implementations of pro-LGB legislation, the T is left holding the bag.  This morning I began a lengthy post that centers, in part, around a friend of mine and the prejudices faced by T-women versus women in general.  That will be posted later today or early tomorrow.

Then today, I received a link in my email.  You know that I do not like linking to other sites.  Normally I consider it lazy and I know that you don't read MY blog to see what other people are thinking.  However, this is different.  As a former Marine, I appreciate this more than most.  As I don't know the people involved I must let them tell the story. So, as we celebrate the end of DADT, let us remember that there are still many in harm's way who still can't tell.


No comments: