Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Paul Krugman and my son Phil

Paul Krugman is an op-ed writer columnist for the New York Times. I read him religiously and, for the most part, universally agree with his sentiments. I have often wished that I could be as erudite as he is.  He is an understandable William F. Buckley.

So I was talking to Phil the other day about the economic mess we are in and mentioned an op-ed article that I had read by Mr. Krugman.  Phil was so kind as to say, "he kinda makes you think that you're not as smart as you think you are, doesn't he?"  Now anyone who knows me is conscious of the fact that I am very conceited, especially about my brain-power.  I always say "Of course I think I'm right.  I'd be an idiot to go around with opinions that I thought were wrong."  So I am seldom wrong. (I wish.)

That's right, back to Paul Krugman.  He is a Nobel prize-winning economist, former professor at M I T, and currently a professor at Princeton. Somehow, I can forgive myself for not reaching the level of his expertise.

I am also very good at making excuses for myself!!!!

No comments: