Saturday, December 4, 2010

LZ Granderson

My intention for this Blog is to comment on events, perspectives, people, etc., not to summarize what other people say or to provide link after link.  Of course, some linking is necessary.  A few days ago, when I refuted David Brooks' take on Wiki-Leaks you had to know what he said for my Blog to make sense.  So I linked to it.  Also, recently I linked to a NY Times article on the recent unemployment figures because I was using the article as a source of data.  Although I am not a professional writer I know enough to source my material.

However, there are many times when someone treats a subject so well that I just can't not link to it.  In this case it is an article about Transgendered Athletes.  Granderson quotes ESPN commentators calling us "Shims" and "Shemales."  He also said that he guessed some people used to think it was funny calling black people "monkeys"

So if you want to read an interesting perspective on athletes who are trans written by an sportswriter who is gay here's the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5879536

Just no jokes about Dykes on Spikes please.

(And I can tell Jim Gray personally.  NO, they don't get in the way!!!)

No comments: