Sunday, April 4, 2010

motel day - funny

I picked today for many reasons. I want to get a place every ten days or so but I am low on money and so much is closed for Easter, including the one mall in Roanoke, so I waited a couple of extra days. I had the decision of Saturday night and try to find things open from noon to ten tonight or Sunday night and have to keep busy today until three. I picked the latter because there are always coffee shops for the morning. But most importantly, baseball opening night, Yanks vs Red Sox is on ESPN 2 tonight. Hopefully, my hotel has that.

But the funny thing is that Barnes and Noble is open although the mall is closed. I am sitting in the outside atrium in the shade with Guy using B&N's WiFi and doing the NYTimes Sunday Crossword. So I am now the duty expert about the mall being closed. In the past hour I have been asked close to a dozen times if the mall is closed. DUH, there are signs on the doors. But the real funny thing is how exasperated people are at the closing. Hey people, it ain't my fault.

No comments: