Friday, April 16, 2010

topics

I seem to write a lot about hiking and what it must be like to be really homeless. I could write every day about my hiking. It's what keeps me sane and feeling human. Today was rough. I am so tired of falling asleep at a Walmart, and waking up at a Walmart, and stinking so badly that flies follow me while hiking and having a rat nest not a head of hair. It makes me wonder why we all do it? So if it weren't for the hiking who knows where my thoughts would wander.

The homeless thing is so simple. Today was in the 80's, tomorrow in the 50's. Once again, if it weren't for the hiking the homelessness would rise to the surface.

So it is the yin and yang of my life. I so want a job and a place to lie down after a long day and a cup of hot tea when I am cold and a cold beer when I am hot. Is that too much to ask? I can't stop wondering what is so wrong with me that I can't have something so simple.

Man I am SOOOOOO glad that I got the advanced degree and did the military thing, and the church thing, and raised two kids to be productive citizens. Gee, imagine what would have happened if I were a fuck off. I'd be unemployed and homeless.

No comments: