Wednesday, April 7, 2010

where am I?

wherever it is I may change my mind and decide to stay a couple of days. After trying to find a place to eat and sleep last night I finally decided to fall back on the Walmart option. If it didn't work I would head north ten miles to a rest stop and just keep going today. The Walmarts in Fredericksburg and Roanoke didn't work out. In fact, I thought the one in Roanoke was definitely unsafe. So when I pulled into the one in (wherever I am) I was delighted to hear that the Yankees were beating Boston 5-4 with one out in the bottom of the 8th and Joba coming in to pitch. OOPS, sorry, wrong story. Seriously, it was like an RV convention. Finally, a Walmart like those I was reading about. I spoke to one of the camper owners and he was telling me how ALL the Walmarts allowed it. So I finished up listening to the Yankee game (they won 6-4) and then fell asleep until the stupid bird woke me up to see the stupid sunrise.)

Since I have a safe place to sleep, good hiking, and the temperature will drop into the 60's by Friday, I may stay a couple of days. (It reached 92 here yesterday)

No comments: